The Ministry of Health & # 39; Chubut informed already there are 23 confirmed cases of Hantavirus – both in & # 39; intensive care – since the "epidemiological contingency" was declared on 3 & # 39; December, with 8 cases of suspected waste and Institute & # 39; Malbrán. As fatal cases, victims have been confirmed by 6 & # 39; everything, all from the community & # 39; & # 39 Epuyén of; about 2000 inhabitants.
The – Mayor & # 39; EpuyénAntonio Reato, commented a few days ago the local press that they all had one common attended birthday year held in a room of events. According to the newspaper, these facilities have been the area & # 39; contagion, because the patients are not relatives. the Chubut.
The closing is named happened 24 & # 39; November during the celebration of the birthday girl. According chronic area, the event was attended pawn to cut & # 39; the disease after a clean shed. It is believed that rodent & # 39; long tail caused the first infection. The worker infect the virus to his wife and also to the party girl. Both he and his wife recovered. The girl of 14 years died and became the first victim. And this was the beginning of a multiplicity & # 39; cases.
The municipal head Reato phenomenon called "strange" because "every year there are one or two affected by hantaviruses to recover with their own means, but m & # 39; there is too much background involving possible cases as has happened now. "
In turn, the hospital director zone, Leonardo Gil, said: "What is striking is the virulence or the virus force to be transmitted from person to person. Here there is something different : event & # 39; index and then the contagion from person to person "said Gil. Doctors suspect 'can & # 39; there is a mutation"But they stressed that complex process & # 39; analysis is needed before checking." We are talking at the molecular level and that takes time, "added the doctor & # 39; hospital Fernando Tortosa.
S & # 39; is Hantavirus
The Hantavirus is disease transmitted by inhalation, Breathe a & # 39; the air contaminated by leaks & # 39; rodents (urine, saliva, faeces), by & # 39; direct contact with & # 39; rodents or their secretions, or by & # 39; ingestion & # 39; contaminated food or water. The form & # 39; interhuman transmission has also been detected by & # 39; Special genotype virus called Andes, although it occurs less & # 39; often.
In – Argentina, the – the – virus transmitters are – rodents wild the porcupine family present latent asymptomatic chronic infection, while eliminating the virus through urine, saliva or faeces.
There are two known variants: Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome (FHSR, HFRS) is presented in several Southeast Asian countries of Asia and Europe, while the Hantavirus Cardiopulmonary Syndrome by (SCPH) is a clinical form characteristic of the American continent.
S & # 39; they are symptoms and treatment
Symptoms Featuring state as & # 39; influence: fever, muscle aches, chills, headache (headache) nausea, vomiting, and sometimes abdominal pain and diarrhea. After a few days can & # 39; a respiratory distress that can & # 39; worse by producing what is known as "Hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndrome", though rare, can & # 39; lead to death if not treated in time.
M & # 39; there is no specific treatment. Those patients with Hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndrome due to be assisted in & # 39; hospital facilities, preferably & # 39; & # 39 units, intensive care to mechanical ventilation.
How to prevent it
– Avoid coexistence with rodents and contact with their secretions
– Keep rodents from entering or making nests homes
– Cover holes the doors, the walls and pipes, keep hygiene with water and bleach, put gardens and firewood more than 30 meters from the house, cut & # 39; weeds and grass to beam & # 39; 30 meters around the house.
– Viewnat least 30 minutes before going in & # 39; closed places (houses, sheds). Cover your mouth and nose with & # 39; damp handkerchief before entering.
– Make cleaning (floor, tables, drawers and cupboards) with & # 39; one part & # 39; bleach ten water (to 30 minutes and then rinse). – Soak the ground before sweeping to avoid dust.
– When making camping remove the weeds and rubbish dumps, torqodx directly on the ground and consume drinking water.
– If live rodents: use poison for rodents or trappers to grasp (try touching or affects). Check with the municipality whether service & # 39; pest control.
– If dead rodents: Spray with bleach plus & # 39; oblivious to the & # 39; was f & # 39; contact and wait a minimum of & # 39; 30 minutes. Then aqbadha using gloves and buried deep & # 39; more than 30 cm or ħaraqha.
– Wear long pants and closed shoes.
– It is recommended that affect and preserve the predators & # 39; rodents (cocci, chimangos, cocci).
After suspicion & # 39; related symptoms and history & # 39; carrying & # 39; & # 39 with activities, suspected exposure to urine, saliva and / or faeces of rodents Last 6 weeks, Must go immediately to a health center that is responsible for patient management and mandatory notification to authorities of the Ministry of Epidemiological Health Area.
thecontingency epidemiological"It was stated more than a month ago and had the fatal outcome of death & # 39; six residents & # 39; Epuyén of & # 39; various ages were in & # 39; contact & # 39; people affected.