the – sculptor Canadian Gillian Genser was diagnosed poisoning from heavy metals for use mejillones to create one of his tasks. Since 1991, Gillian began sculpture using & # 39; natural materials such as egg shells, bone, coral or dried plants.
RELATED: Ninel Conde disclose who was on the verge of death on a commercial flight (VIDEO)
The work that almost led to the death of & # 39; the artist & # 39; 59 was about the first man, Adam, that it wanted to express environmental message which wanted to show the first manifestation of & # 39; ecosystem, beyond the perception of & # 39; dominance over the animal to get it, he bought shellfish, issajjarhom to his friends and kept the shells to ixkielhom for about 12 hours a day and b & # 39; so make the body & # 39; Adam.
Months after he began work, symptoms & # 39; poisoning began to appear: "I was restless all the time. He had pain & # 39; constant headaches and rimettja often," said Gillian f & # 39, a text published in the newspaper Toronto Life. The artist had gone several doctors to find out & # 39; it happened. For 15 years he had lived with the symptoms, eyes and ran in & # 39; hands, but this has not stopped to pick mussel shells.
Everything worsened, says the Canadian sculptor, in 2013, when it decided to clean up the system & # 39; airing of her home and many fine dust extracted from grated mussel shell that had accumulated for many years. Almost immediately fell & # 39; bed: My audience did not return back after that, and my short-term memory has deteriorated badly. I developed disorientation & # 39; space, my confusion with & # 39; down, with the right. I do not want to acknowledge people who knew most of my life, "said Gillian in his testimonial text.
RELATED: I did not know that her husband had falsified his death and decides to take his life & # 39; children (VIDEO)
Genser had more than two years to consider the mussel shells can be avvelinati. He says that in 2015 he visited the Royal Museum & # 39; Ontario, where talk with & # 39; curator of the specialized chamber in invertebrates. In his speech he mentioned that "shells around accumulate toxins". That speaking saved her life, because since been treated and was diagnosed with & # 39; severe avvelazzjoni arsenic and lead, which indicated that the water where the mussels used was contaminated with & # 39; those elements,
The damage caused by these substances is irreversible, so Gillian now lives with neurological and metabolic problems. Even so, the artist reached its Adam same 2015. The quality of her life is very precarious.
VIDEO: Footage criticized: Their players had strange deaths and terrible accidents (VIDEO)