The Cabinet approves the design principle The information officer (the .. ..) BE …. add the definition of the word. "Public Information" should be clear. The aliens have the same rights as Thai citizens to access information. Public access without asking. The appellant disagrees with the decision. Disclosure of Information has the right to bring proceedings before the Supreme Administrative Court.
(Image of Prachatai file)
26 & # 39, November, 2061. Phutthipong Punnan, Deputy Secretary General of the Prime Minister, Politburo, spokesperson & # 39; the Prime Minister's Office. The Cabinet (Cabinet) approved the draft Act on Official Information Act (No …) BE …. as proposed by the Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Prime Minister. The interesting is that the aliens have equal rights with & # 39; Thai people to have access to information. The state agencies should provide official information. Public information is available to the public without inspection. Also requires board & # 39; information & # 39; the agency. To set a public system & # 39; & # 39 disclosure; information, and to scrutinize the disclosure & # 39; official information as required by government agencies.
Mr Puthichai added that there are also additional elements of the board & # 39; official information. With the addition of & # 39; a secretary of the ministry. And to amend the authority of the board & # 39; official information, such as counseling, consultation for any action. To protect the right of people to have access to official information. However, the appellant disagrees with the Commission's decision on disclosure & # 39; information. The right to submit a lawsuit against the Supreme Administrative Court.
The essence of Government House website is summarized below.
1. Providing & # 39; official information from government agencies shall be in accordance with the provisions of & # 39; this Act, except in & # 39; instances where law prescribes specific rules & # 39; conduct and standards. Disclosure & # 39; public information to the public. In the case where the information is confidential, the information is less than that specified in & # 39; this Act.
2. Add the definition of the word. "Public Information" should be clear. And consistent with the provisions of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand. And the definition of the word. "Government agencies" should be clear, covering all types & # 39; government agencies.
Amendment of the provisions on the right & # 39; access to information & # 39; foreign nationals. The term "alien" shall be deleted and open to all aliens have the same rights as Thai citizens to access information. Not only as prescribed by the Ministerial Regulations.
4. Calls for the government agencies to provide official information. Public information is available to the public without inspection. And to amend the information to the state agency shall provide to the public to check.
5. Determine how to publish or disclose official information published in the Government Gazette or made available for public inspection agencies.
6. Timing of disclosure of the information requested is clearer. In addition, board & # 39; information should be established to coordinate the disclosure of & # 39; government information and to examine carefully the disclosure & # 39; official information as required by government agencies. And mandatory measures for government officials to disclose official information.
7. Define the criteria for security & # 39; personal information in the event & # 39; public disclosure & # 39; & # 39 with information, electronic means between government agencies, such as access to and use of & # 39; information, equipment, systems and locations; regular assessment of risk & # 39; information.
8. Modify the composition of the Board of Directors Information. With the addition of & # 39; a secretary of the ministry. In addition, the Commission of Government Information authority, such as advice on any action taken to protect the rights of people to have access to official information. To protect the right to know the information in people & # 39; effectively. Include the mandate, qualifications, criteria and methods of & # 39; recruitment & # 39; qualified members. And the performance of & # 39; Commission duties of Government Information during the term of the qualified member.
9. Appointment & # 39; an applicant who does not comply with the Tribunal's decision & # 39; Disclosure & # 39; information has the right to pursue the case before the Supreme Administrative Court.